[mythtv-users] iMon IR Receiver useable with other remotes?

Shane Koster shane.koster at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 02:09:48 UTC 2006

On 8/20/06, James Buckley <xanium4332 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if the iMon receiver (in an Silverstone LC11M case) can
> be used with other remotes. The reason is I *hate* the iMon PAD remote, the
> mouse thing is just annoying and hard to use, and often transmits signals
> without any touch of the remote.
>
> I've tried training other remotes using irrecord (which works), however
> when using the remote the buttons I press come out wrong / random. Looking
> at the lircd.conf created, the trained keys are random, and lots of the
> keys come out with the same codes.
>
> Using premade remote configs from the Lirc website just don't work. In
> all, I've tried an LG remote, an xbox 360 media remote (the smaller one), a
> sky remote, a DViCO Fusion remote, and an xbox 1 remote. All come out with
> the same problem.
>
> So, has anyone had any success using other remotes (other than an imon
> remote) with the iMon IR receiver.
>
> Thanks in advance, James
>
> As a side question, lots of the remotes mention "RC6" standard or
> something, what is this?

See this thread for my experiences with the iMon reciever:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/199908#199908

Basically, it's going to be very difficult to get any other remote working
reliably with the iMon receiver. My recommendation is to get a different
receiver and save yourself the headaches. I ended up going with one of these
IR receivers myself: http://www.home-electro.com/index.php