[mythtv-users] Choppy/Stuttery audio UK BBC1 and BBC3 only - more info

Paul Fowler Paul.Fowler at reuters.com
Tue Aug 22 08:47:27 UTC 2006

>Kari wrote:
>
>with my setup the errors are in the .mpg file..  Does your file play
>o.k. if you play it with mplayer on myth box?

I am unable to test that because the myth box (bac+frontend) is in the
loft
with no local keyboard or screen. The tv in the front room is on a long
vga
Cable and long ir receiver. Config adjustments are done via VNC and SSH.

Neither of which allow me to view an mpeg file on mplayer.

However I have just run up my XBOX frontend, and myth plays the
recordings
from BBC1 & BBC3 fine.

This implies that the file will probably not play in the manner you
suggest,
I suspect the problem is the audio driver or video driver (imparing
timebase)
Or the configuration of either.

If I get time I shall carry a keyboard and monitor into the loft and
perform
the test you suggest.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Reuters Ltd.