[mythtv-users] Are SVN MythWeb's search results/individual channel listings broken for anyone else?
knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 03:31:16 UTC 2006
Your starter for 10...
After updating to SVN 10943 from 10424 yesterday, MythWeb has been
giving me headaches with the way it is displaying results from
searches, and individual channel listings. Nothing else has changed on
my FC4 system, I have checked my setup, and also the validity of
program listings in the database itself. Note that I have 2 defined
video sources with some common channels. MythTV itself it working
If I search for a program and it exists in the listings, I get
results. However, if the program is available on >1 identical channels
(i.e. copies of the same channel on different video sources) I get one
result for each. To add to the confusion, the airdates for \each\
listed program contain \all\ the airdates for all results for that
program, even if they are the identical. This is taken one step
further if I happen to have a matching rule for the program - in this
case there is an \additional\ airdate listed, again identical to the
As a first example, I have a recording rule for "Bugsy Malone" - I
search for it and get 2 identical results (with identical links to
channel and epoch time). Each result contains 3 identical airdates.
If I happen to search for a program (with recording rule) which is
repeated in the week \and\ there exists a timeshifted +1 channels I
get even more copies. For instance "The Camomile Lawn" for which there
are 4 upcoming showings on More4 and 4 timeshifted showing on More4+1)
results in 12 results. The extra 4 coming from the fact the only More4
is available on both of my video sources. For each unique listing
shown that will not record, there are 12 airdates listed. For those
that will record, there are 23 airdates for each listing. (Clearly
something has gone wrong here, either my end, or with MythWeb.) It
makes it very hard to use the search as I can see only 2 results at a
time running at 1280x1024.
Same behaviour as with search results - each 'copy' of the program is
listed separately, and there are multple airdates listed for each
program listed if either the program is repeated on the same channel,
or if the channel is available on >1 video source.
Seemingly an extension to my untouched ticket from 2 months ago
(http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2036), when I choose 'Listings'
from the menubar, normal channel listings are displayed. However, if I
choose a channel to display (e.g. BBC1) I get an empty page, headed
with "Channel 101: BBC1 on December 31, 1969". The date shown in the
date selection widget is Friday 25/08/06. If I select yesterday
(26/08/06) or today (27/08/06) I get normal listings again. This is
repeatable every time I drill down into an individual channel's
listings from the main multi-channel listings page
If I am now viewing the BBC1 channel listings page and I try to jump
to another channel's listings, the list includes all defined channels
(see ticket for more info). However, one of the copies of the channel
name will take me to the correct listings for that channel. The other
copy will take me to the last search I made, but with no results.
Before I updated from 10424, MythWeb displayed channel listings
without any issues apart from those in the ticket above regarding
If these issues are working for everyone else with multiple sources
could someone please give me an idea as to where the problem may lie
and suggest suitable debugging for it. Nothing has changed regarding
Apache/PHP and no updates have been applied. I was hoping for a smooth
upgrade, but with DVB radio breaking and MythWeb searching and
listings becoming quite unusable, I'm wondering what could be wrong.
MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive:
More information about the mythtv-users