[mythtv-users] How to uninstall Myth tv???

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Aug 28 13:47:47 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-28 at 13:03 +0530, Ramanraj Vamsi wrote:
> Hi,
> When the # make is given the following  errors occured.
> dialogbox.cpp:34: error: invalid use of undefined type 'struct
> QVBoxLayout'
<snip>
> I installed Qt 4.1.2 first,then I uninstalled it and I downloaded Qt
> 3.3.0 and installed it.

When Qt 4.x is installed, you need to tell the compile scripts
to use your Qt 3.x install.

If you are using bash type this before running "./configure":

export QTDIR=/usr/qt/3
export PATH=/usr/qt/3/bin:$PATH

When you run "qmake --version", it should return something like:

Qmake version: 1.07a (Qt 3.3.6)
Qmake is free software from Trolltech AS.

Not something like:

QMake version: 2.00a
Using Qt version 4.1.4 in /usr/lib64/qt4

Hope this helps.

If you've already made a mistake in the configuration or compilation
of mythtv "make distclean" will usually undo it and allow you to run
"./configure" again. "./configure --prev" can be useful in this case.

-- Daniel