[mythtv-users] UK DVB-T radio recording/LiveTV failing (SVN 10943)

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 01:32:01 UTC 2006

On 28/08/06, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 22:55 +0100, Nick wrote:
> > This was working before on SVN 10424 (I'd successfully recorded the
> > last run of I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue on BBC Radio4 in June) but last
> > night a rule tried recording the new series of Hamish and Dougal,
> > which failed (still on 10424), and tonight some Edinburgh Festival
> > programming (after upgrading to 10943) also failed. The backend logs
> > show the same error:
> >
> > 2006-08-25 20:29:21.276 DTVSM(0) Error: We want 0 audio and 1 video streams
> >                         But have 1 audio and 0 video streams
>
> It looks like you are using the TV recording type in your recording
> profile, rather than the Standard or the Radio recording type. The
> TV recording type does not record unless there is at least one video
> stream in the recording.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks a bunch for that - it seems I was caught out by
http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/9638 which introduced the TV
only/audio only concept.

I had my DVB profiles set to TV so that the extra ITV material was not
recorded in the stream, but didn't suffer any other related issues
with this.

I think the timeline of events is:

i) I recorded ISIHAC successfully up until 2006-07-02 using a 'tv'
recordingprofile that worked with DVB-T radio, using a SVN <9638
ii) danielk's changeset 9638 was made 2006-04-06
iii) I upgraded to SVN 10424 on 2006-07-08, after the season of ISIHAC
had finished on 2006-07-02.
iv) I tried to record Hamish and Dougal on 2006-08-24 which failed
v) I upgraded to SVN 10943 on 2006-08-25
vi) Another DVB radio recording failed
vii) danielk saves the day and I change my recordprofile back to 'all'
viii) A LiveTV and recording test produces a recorded file...

One last question - is there a downside to changing my DVB profiles to
'audio only' rather than 'all'? The reason I had changed my profiles
to 'tv' was so the extra itv data would not be included in recording
files as I was trying to use as little space as possible...

The message displayed in the interface does not state that the tv
profile \requires\ a video stream to record - " 'TV Only' will record
only audio, video and subtitle streams." - hence my confusion (Without
any explanation, I didn't want to change it to 'audio only' in case it
failed to record anything with a video stream). Should this message be
updated to inform the user what this setting actually means, and to
add a comment regarding the 'audio only' value?

Thanks again Daniel ;-)

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki: