[mythtv-users] [OTish] Pronto/NetRemote-alike software for Linux(free as in beer too, if poss.)

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 30 14:21:38 UTC 2006

Hi Steve,

Have a looksie at Pluto Home for a complex solution.

http://www.plutohome.com/

You can make your own menu entries that fire off custom scripting. Which can
send multiple IR codes through a blaster to do all manner of fancy things.

You could try asking on UKHA it's the UK Home Automation mailing list. It is
full of A LOT of knowledgeable people on such subjects. Your bound to get a
million and one response there. To send commands round the house and get
devices talking to each other, you might want to look into something like
xap/xpl. There are some quite nice xap/xpl remote control interfaces
available IIRC.

Good luck!