[mythtv-users] vga2scart and nvidia

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 02:18:42 UTC 2006

On 27/11/06, wouter lists <wouter.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have connected my TV with a scart2vga cable to my PC. My PC has a Radeon X300.
>
> I'm using a custom modeline 1024x576, which generates a PAL widescreen signal.
>
> After spending quite some hours on the mailing list, I have the
> feeling that you get the best image when using XVMC.
>
> Everybody knows that the drivers for ATI (fglrx or radeon) doesn't
> support XVMC. So I'm thinking of switching to a Nvidia card.

I'm using a Radeon 9000 Pro with a homebuilt VGA->SCART lead and a
1024x576 modeline and have no issues with video quality (currently I
do deinterlace LiveTV and recordings using the kernel deint method).
I'm using the radeon driver with XV support on FC4 in this instance.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/