[mythtv-users] Moving recordings from 1 system to another

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 16:38:55 UTC 2006

On 12/2/06, Ian Newby <ian at codex.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> I have mythtv 0.20 on two systems, and I want to move all the recordings
> from one to another. I was going to use mytharchive for this but the
> selection of files to archive is very slow... there are 150gb worth to
> move.
>
> I am planning on connecting the two machines over a network and
> mytharchiving in native format from one to the other.
>
> Is there any easy way mytharchive all the recordings in one go without
> going through the menu? or just taking the database records and copying
> the files manually?

You can try:

Do it once then edit the /tmp/config/mydata.xml file replacing the file name

then execute

python /usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py

from the /tmp/config folder

I do this all the time for making dvd compatible disks but not exports so
this may not work as
the actual program info may be in the xml file.

John