[mythtv-users] OT: Anyone recommend DVD+RW 8X media

Carl Fongheiser carlfongheiser at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 19:12:58 UTC 2006

On 12/2/06, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:

> I regularly burn my shows to DVD+RW using mytharchive to play on a
> standalone dvd player but I do this at 4X because the verbatum disks I have
> only support that speed. I do have two drives that support 8X DVD+RW media
> however I find it difficult to find 8X media and the reviews for the media
> the I find are not so good. Anyone have a recommendation of good 8X media
> that can be had in the US for less than $1/disk in a 25 or 50 pack.

Unfortunately, when it comes to high speed RW media, good and inexpensive
are incompatible.  The only stuff that I can find at that price point is
Ritek -- not a name known for consistent high quality.

I'm sure the 8x media will become cheaper in time, but the market just isn't
there yet.

Carl Fongheiser