[mythtv-users] Internal Player for .vob files

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Dec 3 21:57:53 UTC 2006

I used to use xine all the time for my video playback, but at some
point the audio became out of sync with the video. After half an hour
of changing options and trying new settings, no luck. I decided to
try the Internal player. It works great for iso images, but .vob
files aren't seeking correctly. A video typically shows that it's
around 50 minutes long (when it's much longer). Fast forward 3x
works, but no other speed does. skip ahead and back doesn't work and
dumps me back to the video menu. I figured the problem was that there
was no seek table so I ran mythcommflag --video on my videos. I'm now
able to skip + and -, but video still says it's too short, fast
forward/rewind still broken. If I let it go past what it thinks is
the end of the video, it goes back to the video menu. Is there some
magic trick to getting a seek to work with vob's and using the
Internal player?

Thanks,

Brad