[mythtv-users] Alternative to mythstreamtv?

jack snodgrass mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 16:10:48 UTC 2006

On 12/3/06, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> > you could check out this page:
> > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Stream_mythtv_recordings_from_mythweb_using_flash_video
>
> Or something called Mythtube that was on the list in the last week or two.

I use mythweb. I click on a show and it is downloaded to my browser. My browser
fires up vlc and I can watch the show... sort of... the HD show
transfers too slowly
to really let me watch it. I can't pause / rewind the live stream very
well with vlc.
So... I have  a user job that re-encodes the HD image to something smaller and
I just transfer it to my remote machine and then vlc the file once a good size
chuck has made it to my box.

jack