[mythtv-users] Mythweb not asking for login (FC6)

John jharitos at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 19:55:31 UTC 2006

This is probably slightly OT, as I don't really think
this is anything to
do with mythweb itself, but someone on the list might
have an idea.

After a disastrous upgrade from FC4 to FC6 [mostly
finger trouble], a
friend has freshly installed FC6 and copied his
recordings/db across. I
tried to set up digest auth as I had before, and as I
have working on my
mythbox & main PC, but I can't get his to ask for a
login.

I've used the new auth syntax correctly, there are no
errors that I can
see, and it's *definitely* not commented out, and I
restarted the server a
no. of times. But every time, I get the MyuthQWeb page
with no auth.
prompt. (this was locally testing using 'links
http://localhost/mythweb/',
ssh'd into his box; he reports no auth dialogue when
accessing it from his
PC either).

Do you have authorization turned on in your .htaccess
or /etc/httpd.conf file?