[mythtv-users] Ubuntu 0.20 and mythpretty.sh

Mark Paulus mark.paulus at verizonbusiness.com
Tue Dec 5 15:04:24 UTC 2006

Don Sheehan wrote:
>  > Don Sheehan <don.sheehan at gmail.com <mailto:don.sheehan at gmail.com>> says:
>  > > I really liked the way KnoppMyth made the symlinks to a /pretty/
>  > > directory via the mythpretty.sh script. (If I have remembered the
>  > > name correctly. I believe it was in contrib.) However, the 0.20
>  > > version in Ubuntu does not seem to have that script.
>  >
>  > less contrib/mythrename.pl
>  > perl contrib/mythrename.pl --help
>  >
>  > What I use in crontab:
>  >
>  > perl /usr/share/doc/mythtv-0.20/contrib/mythrename.pl --format "\%T
>  > \%- \%Y-\%m-\%d, \%g-\%i \%A, ch\%c" --replacement -
>  >
>  > Note that this actually renames the filenames as opposed to generating
>  > symlinks.
>
> I have run sudo locate -u and then locate mythren and then locate
> contrib |grep myth with no results. Looks like somehow the directory did
> not install. Can anyone suggest how to install the contrib directory (or
> just the mythrename.pl file) without overwriting a running install?
>
> This is sounding more like an ubuntu/deb package question so I will
> understand if there are no answers.
>
> Thanks

The contrib directory is not included in .deb packages.  I think I will
send an email to Christian, and see how/what we need to do to get those
included, and where is the proper place to locate them.  In the mean
time, the easiest way to get them is to:

mkdir /usr/src/mythtv
cd /usr/src/mythtv
apt-get source mythtv
sudo cp /usr/src/mythtv/mythtv-0.20/contrib/*
/usr/local/share/mythtv/contrib
or some other directory that you wish to store those additional scripts.