[mythtv-users] Myth and Western Australia daylight saving time.

Indulis Bernsteins indulis.b at au1.ibm.com
Thu Dec 7 09:12:20 UTC 2006

Justin,

You're almost right ;-)

I updated my timezone OK (see my Howto at
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=1837334 )- this is for Ubuntu but
should be OK for most linux distros.

But everything in the program listings was still out by an hour!

As I am using the grabber for tvguide.org program info, I just added
channeltz=-0100 entries for all channels (and changed the one that was
+0300 to +0200, I can't remember if this was ABC2 or the SBS news
channel).

I thought it was a tvguide program info bug & reported it, but it turns
out I forgot about the timezone setting inside mythtv itself (in
mythtvsetup)- if you set a timezone offset and use absolute times, it
would have been set to GMT+8 hours, so now you need to change this to
GMT+9, set your channeltz for most channels back to +0000, and you should
be OK.  I still have to try this out but it should work OK.

Cheers,

Indulis

Indulis Bernsteins