[mythtv-users] Video on Windows Mobile 2003 / WMP9

Jeff volckaert jvolckaert at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 13:16:54 UTC 2006

> I recently bought an audiovox PPC 6600 on eBay.  It comes pre-packaged with
> WMP9 which pretty much plays nothing but .WMV files.  Has anyone either got
> pointers for transcoding my recordings so they will play on this device, or
> else recommend a video player?  Free is preferred, but if I have to I'll
> shell out for it.
>
> Thanks,
> Pete
The screen size is 240 x 320 which is the same as my Dell Axim.

This should be what your looking for:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Transcoding_for_the_PDA

Forget WMP9 and use TCPMP.  You won't be sorry.  I watch video almost
every night on my Dell Axim.  With earbuds and the lights off it's a
better viewing experience than the TV usually.

Good luck and let me know if you have any trouble or if you get it working.

Jeff