[mythtv-users] problem with mytharchive - cannot find theme file pal_blank.mpg

Go Hskrs gohskrs at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 01:53:37 UTC 2006

On 12/8/06, Jason Lewis <jasonblewis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> When I try and burn a DVD using mytharchive, no matter which theme I
> choose, it always terminates with this error:
>
> cannot find theme file pal_blank.mpg
>
> I have searched my system and I do have some pal theme files, but not a
> pal_blank.mpg.
>
> I am using the debian marillat install of mythtv.
>
> Any ideas how I can solve that?

Jason -

Short answer: upgrade.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/239905  Your mythtv
version should be 0.20-147 or above.  (I had the same problem, albeit
missing ntsc_blank.mpg rather than pal_blank)

Unfortunately, I'm on Fedora (Core 5), so I can't give you any guidance on
upgrading on Debian.  I just had to do:
# yum update mythtv*

Then I bounced mythbackend, started up the Optical Disks -> Archive Files
process again, and the magic happened ... 8^)
--
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + Quaerite Prime Regnum Dei + + + + + +