[mythtv-users] Have you switched from Tivo to MythTV?

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Sat Dec 9 18:03:54 UTC 2006

(Replying off-list because, as you mentioned, it's a MythTV list, not a
Tivo list.)

On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 10:36:43AM -0700, Brian Wood wrote:
> The "lifetime" deal stays with the machine, not the subscriber, and
> units with such a deal seem to get a good price on E-Bay and the like.
>
> So your lifetime subscription is valuable to somebody, don't throw it
> away, and even existing monthly deals are worth more than the
> hardware on the open market these days.

Do you happen to know where the identifying information for the
subscription is stored?  My Tivo's hard drive is dead - the thing won't
even boot - so if the ID is stored there, then the lifetime subscription
is dead along with it.  If it's stored elsewhere, though, then eBay
might not be such a bad idea...

--
I would rather be exposed to the inconvenience attending too much Liberty
than those attending too small degree of it.