[mythtv-users] DiSeq problems

Rudy Zijlstra mythtv at edsons.demon.nl
Sun Dec 10 14:06:01 UTC 2006

Hello,

I've run out of ideas on this one. My setup: tuner card connected to
DiSeq 2.0 switch, with the Diseq switch connected to two satelites, each
connected with 4 LNB to the switch (its a 9/16 switch, which supports 2
SAT, and internally generates the tones needed to keep each LNB fixed).

The STB i have connected in parrallel (setup: DiSeq 1.0 switch with 2
LNB) works without problem and receives both Astra 19.2 and Astra 28.2
without problem.

I'm running MythTv 0.20-fixes (on my test system the latest SVN) and am
noting that after installing the diseq switch i cannot tune anymore to
the channels. I've deleted the DVB tuner and re-installed it. The DVB-S
setting now tells the system its connected to a 2-port switch, and the
switch it connected to 2 LNB's (universal LNB, tone and voltage).
Mythtv-setup seems able to scan astra 19.2, but not able to tune most of
astra 28.2. And even this is not always working, as can be seen in the
attached log.

Attached a log from mythtv-setup, and from mythbackend trying to tune
(this from operational system, temporarily re-configured to support
DiSeq switch in order to test difference between budget and full feature
card -> same behaviour).

Anyone have an idea how to solve this?

Cheers,

Rudy