[mythtv-users] Firewire STB Trouble on Linux

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Sun Dec 10 18:25:44 UTC 2006

I'm trying to use the Firewire support with my Comcast 3412 STB. I'm
running a 2.6.17 Linux kernel on a Pentium 4 laptop. Under Windows XP on
the same hardware I can do the captures (capdvhs), and under MacOS X on
different hardware but same STB I also get success (virtualdvhs - chan 0).

plugreport shows
Host Adapter 0
==============

Node 0 GUID 0x00159afffe1dd666
------------------------------
oMPR n_plugs=1, data_rate=2, bcast_channel=63
oPCR[0] online=1, bcast_connection=0, n_p2p_connections=0
         channel=0, data_rate=2, overhead_id=0, payload=376
iMPR n_plugs=0, data_rate=2

Node 1 GUID 0x0090e63900000b30
------------------------------
libiec61883 error: error reading oMPR
libiec61883 error: error reading iMPR

But test-mpeg2 shows

root at dell:/home/km/libiec61883/examples# ./test-mpeg2 -r 0 alpha
libiec61883 warning: Overlayed connection on channel 0.
You may need to manually set the channel on the receiving node.
Starting to receive
First packet=188

and then quits immediately.

At other times I just get

root at dell:/home/km/libiec61883/examples# ./test-mpeg2 -r 0 alpha
libiec61883 warning: Overlayed connection on channel 0.
You may need to manually set the channel on the receiving node.
Starting to receive
No data

Either way no data captured.

I've also tried switching between p2p mode and broadcast mode with no
success.

Any suggestions?