[mythtv-users] Automatic converting HDTV to MPEG2

Michael Tiller michael.tiller at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 16:41:34 UTC 2006

I am in the same boat (Myth+MediaMVP)

I'm in the process of trying to figure this out myself.  Apparently
transcoding to MPEG2 (with reduced resolution) is sadly not supported in
Myth.  However, you can write a "user job" that does this for you.  I
actually have the transcoding script but I have not had enough time to
really test it completely.

I am unclear whether you want a solution to this or not (since you are
apparently switching to a Windows Media Center).  If you do, I can send you
a note when I get mine working.

--
Mike