[mythtv-users] Automatic converting HDTV to MPEG2

Cecil Watson cwatson at linkline.com
Mon Dec 11 17:32:28 UTC 2006

Trampas wrote:
> The problem I have is I use a MediaMVP as a front end and the HDTV Mpeg2 is
> not supported. Thus I was trying to figure out how to transcode it to a DVD
> or SVCD format such that I could watch using mediaMVP.
>
> I must say that MythTV is great when if it works, but you have to be a major
> geek to get it to work. I am about to purchase Windows Media Center and give
> up on Myth.
>
> Trampas
So, because you cannot get the Media MVP to play shows in HD, you going
to switch to MCE?!  Do you think it makes any difference what your
"backend" is, if your "frontend" (MVP) is limited?

If you going to jump, jump.  Announcing the list that going to do so
isn't going to spur anyone into action.

Regards,

Cecil