[mythtv-users] DVI on GeForce 6200 to HDMI on Toshiba 30HF84 TV

jack snodgrass mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 14:08:33 UTC 2006

On 12/12/06, Jon Whitear <jon at whitear.org> wrote:
> Robin Murray wrote:
> > I guess I'm trying to nail down if this is a
> > basic connection problem, or a problem with XWindows. Not knowing how
> > it's *supposed* to work hinders ones ability to figure out what's wrong.
> The HDMI input on my Sony LCD TV only supports "HDTV" modes, such as
> 720p. I don't see anything until X starts up and starts outputting a
> 720p signal.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jon

I have a 6200 card with a 32" Viewsonic HDTV LCD.

I don't do anything special with my xorg.conf file.

When my PC boots, I see the BIOS boot / Linux boot
messages on both my 32" HDTV and my 21" desktop LCD.
Once X-Windows starts, I get my dual desktops.

Since ViewSonic is a PC based company... that may have
something to do with it...

jack