[mythtv-users] Debugging lircrc, prog = ?

David Fishburn fishburn at ianywhere.com
Wed Dec 13 03:27:30 UTC 2006

MythTV 0.20
2.6.18 kernel

I am trying to setup a button on the remote to launch the frontend when it
crashes.

Thanks to the list I have a script that will re-launch the mythfrontend.

I added the following to my lircrc (you can see some previous attempts
here):

# lircrc.mceusb
# Copied from:
#
http://www.netreveal.com/ddalton/2006/04/htpc_remote_on_fedora_core_4_o_1.ht
ml

###################
#
#  IRExec
#
###################
# begin
#     prog = irexec
#     button = Power
#     repeat = 3
#     config = mythfrontend -O ThemePainter=qt -l ~/frontend.txt
#     #config = /home/mythtv/bin/mythstart.sh
#     #config = Key Alt-Escape CurrentWindow
# end

#begin
#    prog = irxevent
#    button = Power
#    repeat = 3
#    config = Key Alt-Escape CurrentWindow
#end

###################
#
#  For Restarting the Frontend
#
#
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Setting_A_Button_On_Your_Remote_To_Rest
art_mythfrontend
###################
begin
    prog = irexec
#    prog = irxevent
    button = Power
    repeat=1
    config=/home/fishburn/bin/runmyth &
end

irw shows the Power button being pressed.
Is there anyway to check what the prog = when a key is pressed?

TIA,
Dave