[mythtv-users] Getting OT: What size power supply for this backend...

Willy Boyd willyboyd at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 22:25:38 UTC 2006

On 12/13/06, stephen <mythmail at rogers.com> wrote:
> (snip)
>
> This is a handy little link:
>
> http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculator.jsp

I've got a semi-related OT question.  Well, at least this thread
brought it to mind.  I'm not as much concerned with finding the right
wattage, as I am with a supply that has enough leads.  When I built my
backend, I bought a nice, quite Zalman P/S that I love.  Then when
upgrading my file server to RAID-5, found that I was lacking one HDD
lead on its P/S.  So in the pinch, I had to swap them out.  Really
dislike have the louder one in my living room, while the Zalman is
stuck in the office with an already loud file server.  In the mean
time I've been trying to figure out boot-from-USB so I can take the
server's disc drive out and free up one lead.  When I looked around
before I couldn't definitive info on exactly how many leads a supply
has.  Anybody advice?  Any known supplies with at least 5 connectors
for 3.5 inch drives?