[mythtv-users] Monday Night Football and odd sound problem

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 00:43:46 UTC 2006

On 12/13/06, Dewey Smolka <dsmolka at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been having a peculiar problem for the last three weeks that has
> only happened on Monday Night Football.

> <snip>

> There's nothing in the backend logs that shows that anything is amiss.
>
> The setup is a DCT-6200 into a PVR-250 with S-video and RCA->1/8" stereo mini.
>
> Anyone see anything like this before?

I have.  I am using a different STB than you (DCT 2500 I think), going
into a PVR-350 via coaxial.  I have not tried to record MNF, but this
happens a lot on Rescue Me (FX) and the Shield (FX), less so on
Intervention (A&E) and Pardon the Interruption (ESPN).  I posted to
the list about this a while ago, but was unable to resolve this issue.

I hardly ever get console output with myth, only when I specifically
call it up from the console, so don't have any useful data on this,
and given that I can't reliably replicate it, I figured it is an
annoyance I have to deal with.