[mythtv-users] Best Epia choice?

Brett Kosinski fancypantalons at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 14:16:22 UTC 2006

> Currently I use a VIA Epia SP8000. (fanless, 800 MHz)
> If I want a fanless upgrade, what board would I consider for MythTV use?
> VT1625 is not fully supported in OpenChrome, so EX is not usable?

Well, I have an EN12000EG which is fanless and contains a VT1625, and while
you are correct that the chipset isn't fully supported, it certainly works
on my TV.  The only major trick is that you have to tell the via driver to
use the VESA BIOS for setting the video modes.  This'll get you a working
640x480 NTSC configuration.  The picture doesn't perfectly fill the screen
(there doesn't appear to be any overscan), but it does the job for me,
anyway.

I do eagerly await full support in the openchrome drivers, though... :)

Brett.