[mythtv-users] HDTV on EPIA SP13000

Brett Kosinski fancypantalons at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 17:53:39 UTC 2006

> Thanks for clearing that up. Now how do I use those VESA modes? Do I do
> something like:
>
> Option "EnableVBEModes" "true"
>
> in xorg.conf for this?

Yes, though I believe the parameter is "VBEModes" (although that may be a
synonym).  It'll go in the Device section for your videocard.  This will
cause the driver to define the detected VESA modes (the names will be listed
in the Xorg log file).  In my case, they were just WxH, so while I have no
modelines defined, in my Screen section I have "640x480" listed as a valid
mode.

As for the log, you should see something like this:

(II) VIA(0): initializing int10
(II) VIA(0): Primary V_BIOS segment is: 0xc000
(II) VIA(0): VESA BIOS detected
(II) VIA(0): VESA VBE Version 3.0
(II) VIA(0): VESA VBE Total Mem: 65536 kB
(II) VIA(0): VESA VBE OEM: VIA P4N800 PRO

(II) VIA(0): VESA VBE OEM Software Rev: 1.0
(II) VIA(0): VESA VBE OEM Vendor:
(II) VIA(0): VESA VBE OEM Product:
(II) VIA(0): VESA VBE OEM Product Rev:
(II) VIA(0): Searching for matching VESA mode(s):
[...snip a bunch of stuff...]
Mode: 179 (1280x768)
        ModeAttributes: 0x9f
        WinAAttributes: 0x7