[mythtv-users] Zap2it broken, mythtv won't record anything

Jay Merrifield fracmak at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 23:38:24 UTC 2006

I've been on and off experiencing issues with Zap2it as well with my HDTV
channels. Seems Zap2it has been changing around the way they do their HDTV
listings quite a bit lately. For a while they were displaying the channels
with their frequency number instead if channel number (ie, channel 34
instead of 4-1), then they changed it back, then changed it again, then
wiped out my channel listings a few times so instead of seeing 40 channels
I'd only see 6.

Seems whenever Zap2it would make a change, or things didn't match up exactly
the way mythfilldatabase was expecting, mythfilldatabase would end up
unchecking the zap2it listings I had previously selected. All of the
problems fixed themselves when I wiped my channel listings in both mythtv
and in my zap2it account and reset everything, though it was REALLY annoying
when zap2it was listing HDTV channels by their frequency number cause Mythtv
didn't match up teh listings to the correct stations my HDTV scans produced.

Jay