[mythtv-users] Zap2it broken, mythtv won't record anything

Peter Watkins peterw at tux.org
Fri Dec 15 03:26:06 UTC 2006

Tom Lichti wrote:
> Mark Lehrer wrote:

>> Subscription Expires: 2007/02/18
>> Subscription Plan: Gold
>>
>> Something else is the problem - and why would zap2it.com give an
>> internal server error?
>
> Have you tried deleting and recreating your lineups? There was a problem
> with zap2it a few weeks ago where they changed a bunch of stuff, then
> changed it back, which screwed up a bunch of peoples lineup. The
> solution for them was to login, delete the lineups, and recreate them.

In the last few days, my broadcast lineup (which I only used for HDTV) got messed up, too. When I logged in, Zap2it showed a broadcast
lineup, but many channels were not even available in that lineup, and no channels at all were selected. When I deleted the lineup & went to
re-create it, all the usual local channels seemed to be available again. Once I saved the recreated lineup, I ran mythfilldatabase and all's
well again.

This is three times in the last few months that I've lost my HDTV listings... I'm tempted to cobble something together to proactively look
for this so next time I might find out before I miss a recording...

-Peter