[mythtv-users] recording formats - standard cable

David Bower dbower at mesd.k12.or.us
Fri Dec 15 19:30:44 UTC 2006

I have some confusion as to what format I should be recording in.

I have a haupage pvr-150 and am recording straight out of the wall cable
( 70 Channels no set top box. ).

I do not have my myth box setup to display on a TV. Instead I just
display on my 20 inch ( 1680 x 1050 ) widescreen monitor.

I have it setup to record 720 x 480 lines.  Im assuming that I am
getting some benefit from this setting recording from standard cable.

Also is there any point recording in 16:9 mode off of standard cable? Or
is 4:3 really the best I am gonna get ?

Clue me in!
Thanks,
Dave