[mythtv-users] Prebuffering pause with HD

john sturgeon john.sturgeon+mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 22:50:09 UTC 2006

We recently had a power outage and I lost the motherboard in my
frontend.  Since it was getting a bit old, I decided to get a new
frontend box.  I replaced my video card with a GeForce 7600GT.  The
problem is that I'm now getting (again) the dreaded 'NVP: Prebuffering
Pause' error playing back HD content.

Here is my setup in a nutshell:

CPU: AMD 4200+ Duo
Video Card: GeForce 7600GT
RAM: 3Gig
MythTV 0.20 (mythtv-frontend-0.20-148.fc5.at)

My backend is on a separate machine and the video partition is NFS
mounted to my frontend so the file's are opened via NFS for playback.

I *really* thought that when I went to the AMD 4200 that my playback
issues would be gone.  Certainly that is enough CPU horsepower, the
real problem now is how do I troubleshoot what's going on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
John Sturgeon <><