[mythtv-users] X high cpu usage

Jim herold jim.herold at comcast.net
Sat Dec 16 15:00:32 UTC 2006

I've been continuing to chase this, and have found some interesting things.

1st, it also happens in mplayer, so it would appear to not be a MythTV
issue (I didn't figure it was, but nice confirmation).

2nd, I found this
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77735.  So, it would
appear to be a known nvidia bug.

I'm awaiting a reply from nvidia as to the status of the bug.
Meanwhile, is there an easy way to disable xv in myth (in MPlayer cpu
usage actually goes down when you don't use XV).  I tried recompiling
with the --disable-xv option, but was unable to do playback at all and
had to recompile it removing the --disable-xv option (just got a Myth
screen saying unable to playback, or somethin' along those lines).

Thanks again!