[mythtv-users] Problem with myth database after configuring amarok database

j.robert.buchanan at comcast.net j.robert.buchanan at comcast.net
Sat Dec 16 22:24:55 UTC 2006

Hello,

I recently tried to install and configure amarok on my myth box. I never had any trouble with the mysql database before, but after set up all my recordings in myth have disappeared and mythbackend keeps quitting on me.

During the configuration for amarok I followed the
instructions at

http://amarok.kde.org/amarokwiki/index.php/MySQL_HowTo#MySQL_Setup

for configuring amarok to use mysql.

I set this up using

$ mysql -p -u root
CREATE DATABASE amarok;
USE mysql;
GRANT ALL ON amarok.* TO mythtv at localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'secret';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
quit;

Note that I used mythtv at localhost since there is no amarok at localhost on
my myth box.

Long story short I don't seem to be able to build my music collection in
amarok, but even worse than that when I start the mythtv frontend, all
my previous recordings have disappeared and the mythbackend process
keeps stopping on me.

What have I done wrong? How can I put things back the way they were? How
should I be configuring amarok to use mysql without impacting
mythconverg?

Thanks,
Bob Buchanan
j.robert.buchanan at comcast.net