[mythtv-users] mythtv hard lockup

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Dec 18 22:12:13 UTC 2006

On Dec 18, 2006, at 1:56 PM, David Rees wrote:

> On 12/18/06, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
>> I've also recently experienced the frontend becoming completely
>> unresponsive. I can ssh in, but can't kill -9 the process. Even a
>> reboot fails. I have to hit the reset button to get the machine back.
>
> That failure mode suggests an X/Nvidia problem to me, especially if
> you are using OpenGL in your themes... can you confirm?
>
> -Dave

Yes, I suspect my nVidia driver is seriously screwed, but it's
working most of the time for me so I'm leaving it alone. Last time I
played with it I was out of a frontend for a week. I had a hell of a
time getting it to work on the machine I just set up as well. I
finally got it to not crash so I left that one alone, too. I'm too
scared to mess with it. Their drivers seem exceptionally unstable.