[mythtv-users] Anyway to have mythbackend and mysql server on different machines?

Listbox listbox at hymerfania.com
Tue Dec 19 01:20:51 UTC 2006

Thanks folks!
I grepped for "/mysql.txt" in the sources, and came up with:
./contrib/optimize_mythdb.pl:    my @mysql =
('/usr/local/share/mythtv/mysql.txt',
./contrib/optimize_mythdb.pl:                 '/usr/share/mythtv/mysql.txt',
./contrib/optimize_mythdb.pl:                 '/etc/mythtv/mysql.txt',
./contrib/optimize_mythdb.pl:
'/usr/local/etc/mythtv/mysql.txt',
./contrib/optimize_mythdb.pl:
"$ENV{HOME}/.mythtv/mysql.txt",

The path that was correct for me was "/usr/share/mythtv/"
I created that file to point to my mysql server, and I was golden!

By the way, the docs in the mythtv 20 source directory are inconsistent with
my installation, there is no /usr/local/share/mythtv directory.
I installed from the ATRmpms repository, I have no idea if that makes a
difference.

Listbox