[mythtv-users] (OT) Geforce 5200 PCI

Nate Crosno ncrosno at ipass.com
Wed Dec 20 16:54:02 UTC 2006

> I don't know if it would help, but you might want to look at the
> latency values for your PCI cards. Have a look at:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/PCI_Latency
>
> The link to IBM's website at the bottom of that wiki page points to a

> description of a problem with AGP vs. PCI video cards that was solved

> by adjusting latency values.
>
> Since you say HD playback works with xine latency is probably not
> your problem, but it couldn't hurt to check it out. Certainly with
> watching live TV you would have more buss contention than simply
> playing a file, but it sounds like you are having problems with just
> playback.

Thanks for the info. You're right, I doubt that's the issue either,
though it's worth a try.  For semi-live HD, I have a small script I
wrote and added to the menu to automatically figure out the newest HD
stream and play it in xine (Fewer click and easier on the wife and
friends than trying to find it in the video browser).  I have no problem
watching an HD stream in xine while it's being recorded.