[mythtv-users] Mytharchive iso image too big

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Dec 20 17:12:12 UTC 2006

Hi: There was a thread some time ago about this, but I haven't seen
anything recent.

I just created an iso image for which the log reports:

  Total size of video files, before multiplexing, is 4131 Mbytes, audio
is 184 MBytes, menus are 8 MBytes.
2006-12-20 15:08:49 Need to shrink MPEG2 video files to fit onto
recordable DVD, video is 47.55 MBytes too big.
2006-12-20 15:08:49 Need to scale by 1.01108391608

  Total DVD size AFTER TCREQUANT is 4482.3 MBytes

K3b wouldn't burn this onto a DVD-R

Is there an accessible way of changing the target size, requant factor
or ...?

Apart from this problem I should report that, following pointers from
the list, I've been able to archive several recordings that originally
failed in mythtranscoder, by using mencoder with the incantation
provided in the Mplayer docs,

mplayer-docs-1.0/HTML/en/menc-feat-vcd-dvd.html#menc-feat-vcd-dvd-all-pal-dvd

or, from the index, section 14.7.5.1

Adding -aid <PID> at the front of this permits selection of the wanted
audio track if that doesn't happen automatically;  ffmpeg -i <filename>
usually helps here, but sometimes it's difficult to find a working setting.

John Pilkington