[mythtv-users] reducing GUI size

Go Hskrs gohskrs at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 02:17:06 UTC 2006

> Is it possible to reduce the GUI size (the window that MythTV uses for
> the menu) and have MytHTV make the borders around the reduced size black?
> In other words: I want to keep my desktop as it is, have MythTV use the
> full 720*576 (or 720*480 in case of NTSC) but have the menu overscan
> painted black.

Udo -

I couldn't find a way to do it, so after resizing the Myth GUI, I
changed my desktop background to a centered graphic that is smaller
than the GUI.  (I tried all-black first, but then I couldn't tell the
difference between "mythfrontend is thinking" and "dammit,
mythfrontend segfaulted again and I gotta go restart it" ... 8^)

Not elegant, but it does work.

--
 + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + Quaerite Prime Regnum Dei + + +