[mythtv-users] Record HD *and* SD showings?

Doug Larrick doug at parkercat.org
Mon Dec 25 19:18:38 UTC 2006

Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Doug Larrick <doug at parkercat.org> says:
>> Is there a way to convince MythTV to record the same show twice at the
>> same time, from two different channels?
>
> Make sure that the two channels have different callsigns. Not station
> names, not channel numbers, but *callsigns*.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately they already do have different
callsigns -- in the example I chose the HD station is "WBZDT" and the SD
station is "WBZ".  I think the issue is that the seriesid and programid
are identical, so when the second channel-only record tries to run, it
sees it's already scheduled.  But I know next to nothing about how the
scheduler functions so I could be wrong.

Attached are the relevant snippets from my database.

-Doug