[mythtv-users] Mythtv backend has started cancelling recordings

Paul Lewis apflewis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 20:55:34 UTC 2006

Just recently got Mythtv 0.20 working as a backend with one Nova-T dvb
pci card. This was working so well, I went out and got another Nova-T.
A little later, perhaps connected with a 'mythfilldatabase' the system
has started cancelling recordings, the logs report "Canceled recording
(Recorder Failed). Would somebody be able to give me a clue as to how
to fix this problem?

I would also like to run xine as a front end talking to a mythtv
backend? Preferably using the mythprotocol rather than a nfs share. Can
this be done?

The main reason I would like to do this is that xine is already on my
machine and I have limited diskspace which does not permit me to load
mythtv on this machine as a front end.

TIA