[mythtv-users] Install Notes and Questions :FC6 ATI ConexantCX23880

Wise, Jeremey jeremey.wise at agilysys.com
Thu Dec 28 19:13:49 UTC 2006

I have sense fixed a few issues and figured I would post resolution.

1) TV not displaying once the system finishes posting was a sync issue.
Just because I set the Video resolution to 640x480 does not mean that
the "monitor" type can be the refresh rate of my sexy 21" SAMSUNG....
aka.. to fix it .. .set the monitor type to generic CRT at 60hrz refresh
rate.

2) Issue with Video card and display pallet was resolved via install of
native NVIDA driver ( PS My original post was confusing as the Video
card is not ATI .. wrong computer... wrong bug posting...sorry for
confusion) The NVidia driver was a bit of a pain as I had to install
kernel-headers and kernel-source via YUM and have it do a compile. After
a quick reboot..  all was well and things display fine.

Outstanding issue:
1) I have yet to get my "bunny ears" to work with my video capture card.
I boot up fine but when I go to play TV it has static. The manufactuer
of the card is ASUS but the chipset is a Conexant CX23880. How do I find
if this card supports "bunny ear style data"?  How do I enable the card
to receive this as an input? If this card does not allow "bunny ears"
... what card does with MythTV Support(so I can go purchase it)?

Thanks,

penguinpages