[mythtv-users] Installing XMLTV on mythtv box

Jake jakeisawake at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 18:17:26 UTC 2006

On 12/29/06, Rajiv Ranjan <rranjan7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a web site which has step by step process to install XMLTV on
> mythbox and configure mythfilldatabase to use it rather than data direct?
>
> If not, can someone provide me steps to do this ? I know XMLTV is not
> supported by Mytv now but I need to switch to XMLTV because looks like
> something is not compatible between datadirect and my ISP. When I run
> mythfilldatabase, I get bad file header error. I took my mythbox to a
> different location and mythfilldatabase runs fine. Please help, I need data
> in my guide.

apt-get install xmltv?  sorry to be an ass but you don't say what
distro you're using so i really don't see anyway someone can help you.
 help me help you.  anyway, taking 2 seconds to type xmltv mythtv into
google brings up tons of links, the first of which is to the mythtv
wiki!  seriously though, if you are in north america i think you will
be sad at the quality of listings that xmltv grabs will be far
inferior to datadirect.  how can you browse the internet from home and
not download datadirect listings?  i think datadirect  uses wget.