[mythtv-users] No Program Guide for OTA DT channels

Larry larry at foxgulch.com
Sat Dec 30 21:45:38 UTC 2006

My line up at zap2it.com shows I have included  channel 13-1  which
zap2it.com  names KECIDT.  I found out that KECIDT (through diligent
googling) that their  XMLTVID  35298 which is our local NBC affiliate.

When I do a channel scan from  Mythtv-setup-> Channel Editor->Channel
Scanner,   KECI shows up as "KECI-1 (13-1)" Yes, that says  KECI dash One.

So I select  KECI-1, and fill in the XMLTV magic number 35298.

Then I do  "mythfilldatabase"  in a terminal  but Zap2it.com spits back:

"2006-12-30 12:57:22.344 DataDirect: Not adding channel KECIDT (KECI-DT)
(KECIDT)"

And when I "Watch TV",  Channel 13-1 is missing program guide info.
(Says Unknown)

I've searched and googled and read until I'm exhausted.  Would some one
tell me what I'm doing wrong?  Thank you