[mythtv-users] Transcoding ConvertX video

Dale E. Martin dale at the-martins.org
Sun Dec 31 04:11:59 UTC 2006

> Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

I've been meaning to file a bug about this for sometime.  With lossless
transcoding, occasionally it will work.  Only occasionally.  If I had to
guess I'd say that if you did not cut the very beginning of a section of
video the transcode might be successful.  I'm not familiar with the details
of mpeg-4 but it seems like it's mangling something akin to a keyframe in
many common cases...  If that mangling doesn't happen it works out OK.

Sorry I don't have more helpful input.

Take care,
  Dale
Dale E. Martin - dale at the-martins.org