[mythtv-users] VHS to DVD

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at me.vt.edu
Sun Dec 31 15:05:05 UTC 2006

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006, Anthony Chitwood wrote:

> I was also trying to do this for some old home videos of my family.  If
> anyone can point me to a good place to research it I would appreciate
> it!

 	I just did it for some Christmas presents for my family... very
tedious.  Myth could possibly be used for the recording, but it's really
not set up for it.  These are the pieces of software I used for mine:

- ivtv to set up the PVR-250 card, ("cat /dev/video > tape1.mpg" to
record)
- mpeg2fix (compiled separately from mythtv source) to clean up the mpg
stream and cut into clips
- dvdstyler to author dvd

-Cory