[mythtv-users] DirecTV, HD, and Myth - Can It Work?

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Sun Dec 31 15:37:10 UTC 2006

I have a Myth 0.19 box that has one WinTV tuner and one ATSC tuner.  I
am a DirecTV subscriber and have a regular satellite box attached to the
WinTV via Svideo.  I get my HD content OTA.

But now I am moving to an area where OTA HD will be unavailable.  Is it
possible to get DirecTV's HD content recorded with Myth?  If so, how
does it work?  What outputs are on the HD box that I can use to record
content in Myth?

I can't imagine I'm the first to ask such a question but Google didn't
turn up anything relevant.  If I'm asking something that's covered in a
FAQ or other web page, please send a link.

Thanks,

Drew

--
Be a Great Magician!