[mythtv-users] 3x Dvico Fusion DVB-T Lite cards in one backend?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 07:16:33 UTC 2006

On 1/31/06, Chris Henderson <jchendo at gmail.com> wrote:

> I read on  the list here that there is a problem with having more than 2
> of the lite cards in the same backend. ( I searched on server different
> variations of the Dvico, DVT-Lite, max cards etc. there is a lot of posts
> there but i could not find any thing regarding this. From what i remember it
> had something to do with the chip set)

Hi, nothing much to do with the card itself but it's something I've
experienced myself.
When you use more than two cards, provided that you are using a simple line
splitter, it's going to seriously drop the quality of TV signal you are
receiving.
And the Dvico cards do not handle very well a poor signal
Because of this I used on of those tinyUSB2 DVB-T USB adapter, it receives
very very well (much better than my DNTV Live! DVB-T Pro always struggle on
SBS).

JY