[mythtv-users] 3x Dvico Fusion DVB-T Lite cards in one backend?

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Wed Feb 1 07:30:46 UTC 2006

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 06:16:33PM +1100, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> > I read on  the list here that there is a problem with having more than 2
> > of the lite cards in the same backend. ( I searched on server different
> > variations of the Dvico, DVT-Lite, max cards etc. there is a lot of posts
> > there but i could not find any thing regarding this. From what i remember it
> > had something to do with the chip set)
>
> Hi, nothing much to do with the card itself but it's something I've
> experienced myself.
> When you use more than two cards, provided that you are using a simple line
> splitter, it's going to seriously drop the quality of TV signal you are
> receiving.

Speaking of which, has anyone managed to get the antenna pass-through
connector working on the DVICO Lite cards?  I have two lite cards the
second of which wouldn't work unless I put a splitter in instead of
using the pass-through.  It was almost as if the pass-through was not
working at all the reception was so bad.  I wonder if there is some
driver setting to turn it on/off?

Anyway, I have a third card now - one of the DNTV Live! cards as I can
no longer buy any of the Lite cards.  As soon as I added it in to the
system (antenna cable now split three ways!) I started seeing errors in
recorded streams.  I thought this might be a driver of I/O problem but
now I'm thinking it could be signal strength related.

I think I'm going to break out gnuplot and do some experiments.  After
some initial playing around (i.e running a tuner by itself with the
other two unplugged) shows the ber and unc dropping to zero where it
previously was jiggling around at various non-zero values.

The original poster might like to have a play around with tzap and
fiddle with the antenna cables.

Tim.