[mythtv-users] Mythweb error

Nathan A. Smith nasa01 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 1 12:09:32 UTC 2006

Hi again,

Continuing my quest to get all this working....

I am getting the below error when trying to use mythweb:

Warning at /var/www/html/mythweb/mythweb/includes/init.php, line 54:
mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL
server during query

Fatal Error at /var/www/html/mythweb/mythweb/includes/init.php, line 55:
Can't connect to the database server. Did you use the correct settings
in config/conf.php?

The system administrator has been notified and the problem will be
remedied shortly.

I followed step to install from both
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-14.html
and the included README...

I installed from rpms' on my Mandriva system.

Any clues would be appreciated.

Nasa