[mythtv-users] Mapping channels to single keys

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 16:05:40 UTC 2006

On 31/01/06, Pshem Kowalczyk <pshem.k at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way of mapping channels ( or rather their frequencies) to
> single or double keystrokes? I have just 8 terrestial channels and
> typing 57 to get to program that every tv in the neighbourhood got
> mapped to 8  is a bit annoying (especially to my family).
> I would like to be able to create a map that sets the right channel
> with a single (preferably) keystroke.
>
> For example
> 1 - forces One (channel 2)
> 2 - forces Two (channel 4)
> 3 - forces TV3 (channel 7) etc.
>
> Is this possible or not?

Of course. The 'channum' field is what determines what you need to
press on the remote/keyboard to select a channel. You need to change
yours to whatever channel numbers you want to use. (Be Warned: this
may affect your existing recording rules though).

You should be able to do this in the channel editor (or you can do it
by editing the database directly)..

Nick